Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Addendum: When to Say I Love You

In the post "When to Say I Love You," I wrote "I'm formulating a theory that once you start farting shamelessly around each other, it's time to discuss a lifelong commitment. Thoughts?" It was among the most commented-upon questions I've posed on this blog, so that the conversation even spilled offline where GL at his coffee table made a persuasive argument with words (and wind) that flatulence and fondness have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Today, Daily Candy, the cheeky daily style blog, featured the "Better Marriage Blanket." While the application of chemical warfare technology to domestic bedding doesn't prove any conclusion outright, I think it establishes the connection which is the premise of my fledgling idea. Otherwise, they would have called it a "Better Solitude Blanket" or a "Better Meaningless Sex Blanket" or a "Passing the time with someone you know isn't right, but hey, she's there Blanket."

GL, I always knew you cared.

3 comments:

  1. you couldn't have said it better...

    I am in agreement. I like what you said abt it! but don't tell anyone i fart, because women don't fart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we don't fart. We aerate, like a fine wine.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails