Friday, February 13, 2009

If You Must Hate Valentine's Day

I've always loved Valentine's Day, even when I'm unattached. What's wrong with an excuse to shower your friends and family with trinkets and candy and cards? Some resent the holiday, because they say we shouldn't need a special occasion to give tokens of affection. Congratulations to you who manage to have spontaneous outpourings of love every day the rest of the year, and please take pity on us who could use a reminder every now and again.

For those who must be bitter about romantic love on V-day, though, I must admit I have found myself asking Jazmine Sullivan's question. "Why do we love love, when love seems to hate us?" For you, my friends, some reasons to hate romantic love, if you must for one day: Sweethearts in the Slammer.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you'll check out my anti-love V-Day mustic video. It's the largest all-lady Youtube collaboration in history! Take care.

    xo
    H
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emdf2vO-rAQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails